Monday, November 14, 2011

Safari #42: For You I Feel Lucky at The Hallway JP

The Audience Gathers.
On Tuesday, November 8th, I headed over to the performance of "For You I Feel Lucky" at The Hallway Gallery in JP.  Jessica Gath, a local artist, was scheduled to perform.  I had no idea what to expect when Jessica asked me to refer two family members or friends she could interview about me prior to the show.  I was excited to find out.

The Performance Begins.
Jessica used the interviews to weave together a story about the audience.  Through the voices of the interviewees, Jessica helped us to remember how loving, kind, and special we all were.  She created a community bound together by our collective memories. For us, she felt lucky that we had all of these wonderful people in our lives.  She felt lucky to be able to share it with us.

Thank you, Jessica.  

Note: The Hallway in JP has regularly scheduled events throughout the year. Please visit the website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment