Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Safari #52A - Picklebacks

I couldn't help myself.

I recently went back to NYC and this time, I decided to focus on Brooklyn and the outdoor version of the Brooklyn Flea Market in Williamsburg.

After exiting the Metro and walking through the Bedford Avenue area, I found myself near the Brooklyn Brewery.  Thirst and ready for a pint, I decided to head inside.  Unfortunately, it wasn't open, so I headed next door to The Whiskey.

After an enjoyable conversation with Peacock, the well-known and friendly bartender, he asked me if I wanted a 'pickleback'.  I hesitantly said yes, and before I knew it, I had a shot of whiskey and a shot of pickle juice waiting for me.  It was unexpectedly tasty - and a Brooklyn original.

What's one of the most original things you've had lately?

*Image kindly borrowed from http://whiskeybrooklyn.com/

2 comments:

  1. No, never had a pickleback! Sounds quite interesting, though…wonder if you can get one in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eric! Thanks for commenting. Apparently you can get then at Citizen Public House and the Woodward. This article refers to it as "hipster poison" (wow) - http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/articles/drink_to_that_the_pickleback/

      Delete