In addition to offering clothing and equipment to yoginis, Lululemon also offers free, weekly yoga classes. Combine a class on the Esplanade with one of Lululemon’s classes, and you’ve got free yoga twice per week. How’s that for your downward facing dog?
Last Saturday, I made the journey out to Nantasket Beach (near Hull, MA) for an early morning yoga session (followed by a free surf lesson - way cool!). It was wonderful, and the sound of the lapping waves and rushing water made shivasana all the more relaxing.
If you’re interested in finding free and inexpensive yoga around town, try the following resources:
- Charles River Esplanade Association. Read my post here about Wednesday night yoga on the Esplanade.
- Community Classes at Back Bay Yoga Studio. One of the best studios in town (and my studio of choice for regular classes), Back Bay offers $5 and $10 Community classes multiple days per week.
- Lululemon Athletica. Both the Newbury Store and the Derby Street Store (organizers of the beach yoga session), offer free events every week.
- Liberty Hotel. Every Saturday at 10am, free yoga classes are held in The Yard.
- Spa at the Intercontinental Hotel. Every Saturday from 8 to 9am, free yoga classes are held on the waterfront lawn. Classes will be held through September 1, 2012.
*Image kindly borrowed from the Lululemon Derby Street Facebook page