Thursday, December 8, 2011

Safari #45: The Revolution Will Be Typed

When I first heard about the Boston Typewriter Orchestra, I couldn't believe it. I dropped everything to see them last week.


I'm so glad I did.


The "orchestra" uses old typewriters to create rhythmic songs using keystrokes and percussion.  Add to the mix playful skits and comedy, and you have a unique combination unlike anything you've ever seen.


My Tips:
  • Sit Close.  To get the best view and sound, try to sit as closely to the performers as possible.
  • Like Rhythm? If you enjoy performances like Stomp or the Blue Man Group, you will definitely enjoy the orchestra.
  • The orchestra has limited engagements.  Please check their Facebook page for performance schedules and announcements.
  • If you'd like a peek at their performance, take a look at the video below.  Enjoy!

Special thanks to Eric Andersen and Dan McCune for joining me!





No comments:

Post a Comment