Sunday, December 5, 2010

Safari #18: Bizarre Bazaar

What do you call a collection of local artists selling their offbeat, unique, and handmade wares?  A Bizarre Bazaar.  Today marked 10th gathering of the Bizarre Bazaar at the Boston Center for the Arts.  Since it's inception in 2001, the bazaar has sprouted roots in other cities across the U.S. including Cleveland (my hometown), San Francisco, and Los Angeles.

Below, I've listed a few of my favorites, but be sure to check the website to learn more about the other vendors.

Taylor Ceramics - Cara Taylor's beautiful ceramics offer a simple sophistication that reminded me of the mid-century work of Eva Zeisel.  The porcelain planter is on my list of must-haves, and I know my amaryllis would love it too.

AB Cowls - Amy Beth makes cozy cowlneck scarves and scarflettes.  I've had my eye on a mustard yellow cowl for weeks and was thrilled to find one perfect for me.

DanMade - Dan makes cartoon and fantasy inspired ceramics - great for small and big kids alike.

Maxine in Trousers - Nothing tops off a vintage look better than a period hat or fascinator.  After trying on a few pieces, my plan for dressing up on New Year's Eve cemented itself.




Image Credits
Aqua Fascinator image obtained from the vendor's Etsy website (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/31576978).  Item is no longer available.
Porcelain Planter image obtained from the vendor's Etsy website (http://www.etsy.com/listing/51764203/porcelain-planter).

No comments:

Post a Comment